We all know how good it feels to walk barefoot on some green grass, but do you know it’s proven to be beneficial to your mental health? We have spoken about the benefits of turf for your health before, but with World Mental Health Day just around the corner on October 10th, we thought we would re-iterate just how good grass can be for you.
Studies have shown that the next generation is becoming “The Indoor Generation” and up to 90% of time is being spent indoors. With everyone cooped up inside, it’s no wonder depression, anxiety and other conditions are on the rise in society. Getting outside in nature can have more benefits than you realise. Not only does it promote physical activity, but it reduces anxiety, lowers blood pressure and heart rate, and even helps with muscle tension.
At Go Turf, we are proud advocates for getting outside in the fresh air, surrounded by greenery (Yes, we know how lucky we are). There are so many ways you can introduce a little more greenery into your life, and we promise you will reap the rewards almost instantly! How? Here are a few ideas to get your started:
- Walk to the local shops instead of driving
- Have a picnic with friends (or follow our tips to host your own backyard cinema night!)
- Exercise outdoors
- Plan a weekend camping trip
- Walk a dog (if you don’t have one, you could always volunteer at your local RSPCA for extra good vibes).
- Eat your lunch outside on the grass
- Re-vamp your backyard and create an everyday oasis for you and your family
- Find a local walking trail (there are amazing waterfalls and mountains everywhere on the Sunshine Coast)
One of our favourite things to do regularly? Mow the lawn! Research has shown that the chemicals released by grass when it’s mown positively affect how we feel. So not only is mowing the lawn give us happy, relaxed feelings; it’s fantastic physical exercise, great for the environment and gives you some serious curb appeal! What more could you want?
Don’t have a lawn? That’s something we can do for you! Give our team a call or enquire online, and we can help transform your yard into a lush, relaxing patch of good health! You would be surprised how much time you spend outside when your backyard is full of green, healthy turf.